Tuesday 19 January 2016

Berryz Kobo x ℃-ute Cross Talk: Tsugunaga Momoko x Sudo Maasa

To celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Hello! Project Kids in 2012, a book entitled Rival - 12 shoujo no 10-nen monogatari - (The 10-year legend of the 12 girls) was released. The book contains 2-page discussions between various pairings of the 12 BeriKyuu girls, covering all 66 possible combinations.


Special Crosstalk Book "RIVAL 12 shoujyo no 10 nen monogatari (10 years stories of 12 girls)" / Berrz Kobo / Cute

Tsugunaga Momoko X Sudo Maasa

In my mind, within Berryz Kobo, Momochi does variety, while Maasa-chan does acting work. Maasa-chan, did you always aim to be an actress from before?

Sudo: About 3 years ago, I starred in the movie 'Light Novel no Tanoshii Kakigata', which was fun. That's when I started to get interested in acting, which I enjoy. While I actually do know that singing is our core business, it isn't my cup tea (laughs).

Tsugunaga: No no no, Maasa's voice is truly unforgettable, or should I say, your singing voice is unique.

♪♪♪

Tsugunaga: I like stage-plays, but perhaps performing to exact specification doesn't suit my personality, as I'm really bad at following the exact lines in the script. On that point, you can do as you please in variety, and it's fun when there's lots of people around.

Sudo: I make sure to record the programmes that Momochi appears in.

Tsugunaga: No way! Oh my, you're making me blush~.

Is that because you want to learn from her talking skills, or because you're a fan?

Tsugunaga: As a fan, obviously~!

Sudo: Well, I am a fan.

Tsugunaga: Maasa, how sweet~♥

Sudo: Actually, I watch them because there's a member making an appearance (laughs), but in front of so many entertainers, I see the grand appearance of the good points that you've had since birth, and it's amazing how you go through with it.

Tsugunaga: So instead of calling it a 'character', you call it my 'good points that I've had since birth'. How wonderful!

♪♪♪

Tsugunaga: Another thing I respect [about Maasa] is that you remember the names of the staff members who we work with when we're doing a drama or a film. That's really amazing. I think that's something valuable as well.

Sudo: Because we're working together, I try to clearly remember their names.

Tsugunaga: It's something that's a given, but it's difficult, so it amazes me that you're able to do it.

I think it's amazing how both of you excel at something that the other is weak at. You've even become fans.

Tsugunaga: I'm a fan of Maasa. No, you could probably say that I'm a huge fan (laughs).

♪♪♪  

Sudo: My first impression of Momochi was that she was a kind girl. During the 4th stage of the 'Hello! Project Kids Audition', she and Chinami called out to me. Though I remember being shy and not saying anything.

Tsugunaga: Even though we invited her to draw some pictures, Maasa was like 'I'm fine' (laughs).

Sudo: Eh, I said that?

Tsugunaga: Since we had quite some time, we were drawing on the backs of our notebooks. And since Maasa was by herself, we went to talk to her, but she politely refused with an 'I'm all right'.

Sudo: I don't remember that at all (laughs)! How discourteous of me. I'm sorry. But at the time, I thought that you girls were kind.

Tsugunaga: For me, I thought you were a shy girl (laughs). It's not like I'm holding a grudge, but I still remember it even now.

Have the both of you changed since then?

Sudo: Her face hasn't changed at all, but I think that she's got the most grown-up way of thinking. When it comes to work, she thinks seriously about it.

Tsugunaga: Maasa became cheerful. Since you were shy, perhaps your cheerfulness appeared when you opened up your heart. Then you became someone who often laughed. So far, your laughs had only been muffled laughter, now you laugh out loud, and occasionally you'll let out a guffaw.

♪♪♪  

If you're working 10 years in the future, how do you think the both of you will turn out?

Sudo: I think that the Momochi character, I mean, the good points that she's had since birth......

Tsugunaga: You corrected yourself (laughs).

♪♪♪

As an actress, what sort of Maasa-chan would you like to see? As in, because you know how she is normally, what role would you want to see her to play.

Tsugunaga: For me, Maasa's like a mother, so it'd have to be the role of a mother. To add to that, one with three kids.

Sudo: That's way too quick for 10 years in the future!

♪♪♪

No comments:

Post a Comment