Tuesday 24 November 2015

Berryz Kobo x ℃-ute Cross Talk: Shimizu Saki x Kumai Yurina

To celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Hello! Project Kids in 2012, a book entitled Rival - 12 shoujo no 10-nen monogatari - (The 10-year legend of the 12 girls) was released. The book contains 2-page discussions between various pairings of the girls, covering all 66 possible combinations. In the process of reading this book, I'll be putting up some highlights as I read through the interviews.


Special Crosstalk Book "RIVAL 12 shoujyo no 10 nen monogatari (10 years stories of 12 girls)" / Berrz Kobo / Cute

Shimizu Saki X Kumai Yurina

Saki-chan, from your point of view, in these many years, do you think Kumai-chan has changed?

Shimizu: She has!

Kumai: Eh, is that so?

Shimizu: When three of us, Kumai-chan, Maa, and myself, performed in the 'Real Etude Minna no Ie' stage-plays, I had a talk with Kumai-chan, who found performing in the play 'really distressful'. I think that everyone had their own worries, but I think that Kumai-chan had never said something like that by herself. But, becoming able to talk about something like that, I think it was a change. Kumai-chan, recently, you're like, 'I'm Kumai Yurina! I'm here!' You're able to be insistent, in a good way. It felt really good to see that.

♥♥♥

Turning it around, from Kumai-chan's point of view, were there any good changes in Saki-chan over these 10 years?

Kumai: However, Captain's changed as well. In the past, I thought that Captain was really boyish. But now, she's a lovely lady. She's always been calm from the start, and the fact that she's level-headed hasn't changed, but I feel that she's gotten really ladylike. I think that in the past, she strongly felt that 'I've got to be level-headed'. But as she spent time in Berryz Kobo, she gradually showed more of her true nature, she really is a baby. Perhaps Captain might be the most babyish among us (laughs). You're quite like a younger sister.

Shimizu: I am the younger sister at home though (laughs). Also, I really dislike leading.

Kumai: Even when all of us are walking, Captain's always stuck at the back (laughs).

Shimizu: I prefer looking at everyone's backs. When moving around with the members, we chat while walking, so the tempo slows down. But when I'm walking quickly, even in that case, I want to be at the rear, so in my heart, I'm thinking 'You guys, hurry up! I don't want to be walking as the vanguard!!' (laughs).

♥♥♥

Shimizu: We used to have discussions, Berryz meetings in the past, and at those times, Kumai-chan would be on the listening side. While listening to everyone speak, you'd go 'Uh-huh, Uh-huh'. That's probably what made it difficult to get your opinions (laughs). I think that Kumai-chan has really changed since then.

Kumai: We often took the same route home, so through that, I gradually got closer to the members.

Shimizu: It was like 'Ah, this girl! She's cheerful!!' (laughs). I thought that it would be better if you were that way when you were with all of us. One-on-one, you were cheerful, but when we were together in the group, it was hard to get you to talk.

Kumai: In the past, I used to consider work and private time separately. Normally, when I'm with everyone, I'd talk like normal, but because it was work, I had to shape up, I had to say things properly, and I couldn't bring out my own opinions. But that doesn't happen in my private time.

♥♥♥

For the both of  you, what is your impression of one another after having been together for 10 years?

Shimizu: When I'm with Kumai-chan, I feel calm. She's got this unique atmosphere to her. So I feel that the time I spend with her is really comfortable. Just like with her height, I feel that Kumai-chan has also grown as a woman. I really like the recent air-headed Kumai-chan, who's just being herself, so I wish that you'd continue to be like that from now on.

Kumai: Captain has also transformed into a lovely, beautiful woman. While that happened, I feel that she went through all sorts of hardships as captain.

♥♥♥

And in 10 years time, how will the 2 of you have changed?

Shimizu: I think that Kumai-chan will do all sorts of things. She'll model, she'll act. She'll become a person with a truckload of interests. Like she'll get interested in all sorts of things.

Kumai: I can leverage on my height for modelling, so I think I could do it.l For me, I think I'll just be as I am. As for my goal, I'd like to become a lady who's natural yet admirable. Like people would see me and want to be like me, even though I'm not doing anything in particular, I'd like to be a person whose natural appearance is alluring.

Shimizu: You've already gotten to that point.

Kumai: Thank you. I do feel like I would love to see Captain become a mother, but since she's so good at dancing, I want her to push that to the max. And also, recently, I feel that she's gotten into cooking......

Shimizu: That's true, recently (laughs).

Kumai: Perhaps being a chef wouldn't be too bad. Also, there's also that artist aspect of 'artist' Shimizu (laughs), so I hope that she flourishes in that direction as well.

♥♥♥

{And in case you'd like a reminder of how great an 'artist' Captain is, here's a sample:}

No comments:

Post a Comment