Thursday 22 October 2015

New Faces: Rival Among The New Faces (H!P Maruwakari Winter 2015)

The HaroPuro MaruWakari Books are released in conjunction with the twice-yearly Hello! Con tours. The contents usually take the form of questionnaires to the members, asking about other members.
This one, which came out for the 2015 Winter Hello! Cons, would be Berryz' last as well as Country Girls' first. It also pre-dates Kobushi Factory, who were announced at that Hello! Con itself. Thus, the usual questionnaires are supplemented with a Berryz Kobo special as well as a new faces special (MM 12ki, S/mileage 3ki, the 5 new Country Girls).

This part of the questionnaire comes from the 'new faces' segment, where we get to know more about the new girls and what they think about other H!P members and senpai. Remember that this book pre-dates Kobushi Factory and Tsubaki Factory, but don't worry, they get their turn in the 2015 Summer Maruwakari Book.



Q10. Between Morning Musume。12ki, ANGERME 3rd gen, and Country Girls, who is your rival?

Ogata HarunaEveryone. In order to not lose to the ones who came from the Kenshuusei, I'd like to absorb the good parts and do my best.

Nonaka MikiMakino Maria-chan. Although we're contemporaries, Maria-chan has a lot of experience as a Kenshuusei, so I'd like to learn from her example, while doing my best so that I don't lose.

Makino MariaMurota Mizuki-chan and Sasaki Rikako-chan. Since the 2 of them are better at singing and dancing than Maria......

Haga AkaneAikawa Maho-chan. She might have been my junior when we were Kenshuusei, but she's good at singing and dancing, so I can't let myself lose!

Murota MizukiEveryone. Everyone's my rival!

Aikawa MahoMurota Mizuki-san's singing and dancing has impact, I'd like to be able to sing like Murota-san. Sasaki Rikako-san's dancing is huge and catches your eyes, so I'd like to be able to dance in a spirited way that won't lose to her! Haga Akane-san's the one I'm closest to from when we were Kenshuusei, and we reviewed our dancing together, so I don't want to lose to her.

Sasaki RikakoEveryone! Everyone's levels are high, so they're rivals.

Yamaki RisaInaba Manaka-chan. Manaka-chan's dancing is good and her singing is cute, I think she's amazing. I'm definitely aware of it since we're in the same group, but I can't let myself lose!

Inaba Manaka: Sasaki Rikako-san. Her dancing is really energetic and she's got a powerful presence, so I'd like to cultivate a 'friends but at the same time rivals in a good way' relationship.

Morito ChisakiShimamura Uta-chan. I stil don't have that awareness that she's a rival, but because we're close in age and she's really cute, I think that I've got to do my best.

Shimamura UtaWith my personality, I don't really mind others, so my rival is myself. I'd like to meet Ogata Haruna-chan and Nonaka Miki-chan who I auditioned together with.

Ozeki MaiCountry Girls' Shimamura Uta-san! Within Country Girls, I'm closest with Uta-chan, but I think that it's because we're close that she's become my rival!



Notes and observations:

  • Seen as a rival:
    3 mentions: Rikako, Uta-chan, Everyone
    2 mentions: Murotan
  • Uta-chan chose herself. Wish she had quoted that classic Berryz Kobo song, 'Rival' ~ '♫ My rival is... my weak, timid self ♫'
  • Mutual rivals: Haga-chan and AiAi

No comments:

Post a Comment