Tuesday 20 October 2015

Berryz Kobo x ℃-ute Cross Talk: Tokunaga Chinami x Nakajima Saki

To celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Hello! Project Kids in 2012, a book entitled Rival - 12 shoujo no 10-nen monogatari - (The 10-year legend of the 12 girls) was released. The book contains 2-page discussions between various pairings of the girls, covering all 66 possible combinations of them. In the process of reading this book, I'll be putting up some highlights as I read through the interviews.



Tokunaga Chinami X Nakajima Saki

I think that girls look up to the 2 of you for your great figures, but have you always had such great figures since you were small?

Nakajima: No, I was fat when we were in the Hello! Project Kids. Airi was fat too, and I remember us saying things like 'The chubby alliance',  or 'It's fine to be fat though. Let's eat!' (laughs).

Tokunaga: Really? I don't really remember you being chubby at the time though.

Nakajima: Chinami-chan's figure was always good since back then. More accurately, you haven't changed. My image of you is that you had slender limbs since that time. Like you played sports.

Tokunaga: I played badminton at the time, and in my 4th year of primary school. I got 3rd place at a prefectural tournament. I got that 3rd place the day before I got into the H!P Kids, those 2 days were the peak of my life.

Nakajima: That's quite early for the peak of your life though (laughs).

Tokunaga: But for me, speaking seriously, I eat ramen in the middle of the night.

Nakajima: Chinami-chan, inherently, you don't put on weight even if you eat. Even if you do eat, it doesn't stick on your flesh.

Tokunaga: That's not the case, I do think that my face gets plump, but I'm like 'Whatever!' (laughs).

VVV

Nakajima: It's easy to tell for Leader [that she's put on weight]  because it shows in her face, but it goes all over my body for me, so it's difficult to tell, and it gets crazy. Our manager-san told me 'Nakajima's gotten bigger than the rest around her' (laughs).

By the way, at which sorts of times is it easier for you to put on weight?

Nakajima: Summer, unexpectedly. We move around a lot in summer, so we often eat outside. On the other hand, I'm bad with the winter cold, so it's fine because I go home straight though.

VVV

For Saki-chan, do you diet?

Nakajima: I do it when all of ℃-ute does it. ℃-ute eats the same things together almost every day, so the times when we're fat and the times when we lose weight are generally the same. The one time when all of us were at our peak was the time when our manager-san was dieting together with us. But it definitely is easier to succeed when everyone's doing it. By yourself, you'd lose to temptation and eat though.

[Omitted: Discussion about them getting complicated outfits that only they can pull off thanks to their figures.]

Nakajima: Also, recently we've had some really exposing outfits, and my tummy looked like it was popping out, so I asked 'Could you cover the tummy a bit more?', but it was rejected with a 'Because the lines look nicer that way' (laughs).

Tokunaga: And, what did you do about that?

Nakajima: I just left it as it was. Since I wanted to dance at 100%, I danced without heeding it, but I felt that it was inexcusable for the girls who had become fans 'because you've got a great figure'.

Tokunaga: But you can't dance if you don't eat your meals. You can't move on an empty stomach, right?

Nakajima: While of course it makes me happy to be cheered on by the male fans, cheers from girls are a great source of strength. At handshake events, being told by girls that 'You've got a great figure, I really respect you', you feel like you have to do your best. Guys have told me 'You've gotten sexy' when I get chubby though.

Tokunaga: Recently, there's suddenly been an influx of girls at handshake events, and a lot of them tell me 'You've got really slender legs'. With my legs being observed that much, recently I've been making my legs the highlight of my dressing (laughs). I'd study up on things like the best length for a skirt to make them look pretty, and I've kind of understood it recently.

---You go on diets, you study up on appearances, you're working hard in the background, aren't you?

Tokunaga: The eyes of the female fans and the pressure of outfits, those are 2 big things (laughs).

Nakajima: I feel that ℃-ute's outfits are particularly unsparing. Before this, we had a song entitled 'Kiss Me Aishiteru', and the outfits were like spats and inner-wear.

Tokunaga: I think that only ℃-ute could have pulled that off.

Nakajima: It gave us a shock the first time we saw them (laughs). And, at the PV shooting, since our midriffs were bare, all of us only had wakame seaweed soup. But because it went on until late at night, we were like 'Whatever!' and ate oden though (laughs), but we did our best with wakame soup at first.

Tokunaga: That must have been really tough~.

VVV

No comments:

Post a Comment